ireadlikeaboss

ireadlikeaboss

Boomerang: A Boomerang Novel
Noelle August

The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)

The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2) - Jenn Cooksey Check out my other reviews at Reading Books Like a BossSign up for the Grab Your Pole Street Team & win awesome prizes: CLICK HERE!!!My Rating: Wow, wow, wow! This book blew me out of the water (pun intended). I went through so many emotions, from anger to complete happiness to depression. Just when I got over one bomb, she drops another. How does Jenn Cooksey do this? Well, she's an evil genius. That's how.Even though I've only read books one and two of the GYP series, I can already tell you without hesitation that this series is one of my ALL-TIME favorites. The characters are some of the best I have ever read. Jenn's writing style is absolutely brilliant. The words on the page are dripping with wit and emotions. I can't get enough!The Grab Your Pole gang is back and better than ever. Shark Bait focused mainly on Tristan and Camie's relationship. But in "The Other Fish in the Sea", you get to know the rest of the gang A LOT better, particularly through a series of revealing Truth or Dare games. Jenn Cooksey switches it up and tells the story through a few of the the GYP ladies' point of view. While TOFitS is still told primarily through Camie's POV, Kate, Jillian, and Melissa also speak their mind. One of the things I love most about the series so far is the feelings and raw emotions it stirred up in me. Trust me when I say, I felt it ALL. You might think, "Oh this looks like a nice YA romance. It's cute." No, no, no. Do not underestimate the power of the pole. This series is so much more than that. It's one of those series that makes you feel. I felt invested in the characters' lives. I felt their pain when bad things happen. I felt their joy when good things happen. I just have all these feels. I want to be friends with all of them and be a part of the GYP gang. Most of all, I want to go steady with Lonely (not gay) Pete (Autumn, back off).One of the highlights for this book was getting to know Jillian, a.k.a the dark savior. I absolutely love her (okay maybe I just don't want to get on her bad side). She's easily my favorite character in this series (so far). Jilly is one of the most interesting characters I have come across. She doesn't give much away to anyone, which leaves you wondering, "What exactly is going on inside her head?". For a 12-year-old she packs a punch. Everyone around her is always edge because she is always on the lookout for blackmail opportunities. Jillian's chapter in TOFitS is in the top 3 favorite chapters from the book. I'm not going to say why, but you'll understand when you get there. "Do you think she'll be willing to barter now or is this something she might black mail me with at such a time as it suits her purposes?""Right now you have nothing I want, but thank you for being so amenable in helping me try out my new video camera. I think the picture quality is tremendous."Of course, I would be committing a serious crime if I didn't talk about Camie and Tristan. Their devotion for each other is even more apparent in this installment. "The Boy" was super possessive and protective of Camie, especially when other guys find out about Camie's special talent. I love these two.