ireadlikeaboss

ireadlikeaboss

Boomerang: A Boomerang Novel
Noelle August

For Once in My Life: A Novel

For Once in My Life: A Novel - Marianne Kavanagh Releases June 17, 2014!! This one sounds so good! It's about a quirky vintage-clothes obsessed girl and jazz musician who are perfect for each other, but just haven't met yet!

★ Check out my list of UPCOMING BOOK RELEASES!!

Blurb:
Everyone has a soulmate...but what if you never meet?

Meet Tess. A vintage clothes-obsessive, she's stuck in a customer relations job she loathes. She's been dating the gorgeous (if stodgy) accountant Dominic since university, and has a perfectly lovely flat with her best friend, Kirsty. But if her life is so perfect, why does she burst into tears whenever she thinks of her future?

Meet George. He's a brilliant jazz musician who spends almost as much time breaking up fights between his bickering band mates as he does worrying about his ailing father. Seemingly always on the verge of a big break, he's looking for something more...something special.

They're two halves of one perfect whole. Luckily for them, their friends know they're meant for each other. If only they could manage to cross paths...

Follow Tess and George through a decade of bad dates, chaotic dinner parties, magical birthdays, dead-end jobs, romantic misalliances, and lots of starting over. For Once in My Life is a charming and intelligent modern comedy of manners, friendship, and missed connections.

____________________________________________
Find more of my reviews & other bookish things here:
✥ My blog Reading Books Like a Boss